Following a link from Gretchen Rubin at the Happiness Project, I found the Reverb10 site, which encourages us to spend each day of December looking back at 2010 and thinking about what we want in our lives in 2011, through daily prompts. Since I'm nine days late, I'm not going to write about all of them, but I think I'll write now about one that sings to me.
December 15: 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
- Beautiful boat, and wonderful music and friends, food, drink, and dancing.
- The changing of the seasons in my garden.
- Trips to the desert, the mountains, and the sea.
- Celebrations with family and friends.
- Organizing concerts on the boat, meeting musicians and promoters.
- A book I acquired at work that was the best success of my career
- Road trips to Grass Valley, in the warm early summer
- My 40th birthday in New Orleans!
- The sunrise over the Mississippi
- Dancing in the surf in Cancun
- Watching an amazing lightning show from the beach in Cancun.
- Meeting and getting to know wonderful new friends.
- Sitting at lunch with friend J, chatting and solving the world's problems.
- Nights on the town with friend M, meeting new, interesting people and having adventures.
- NYE 2010, doing a ritual of cleansing and manifestation for the new year.
- The moments of love and connection and inspiration with my honey.