Saturday, December 18, 2010


Reverb10: December 13 – Action
Following a link from Gretchen Rubin at the Happiness Project, I found the Reverb10 site, which encourages us to spend each day of December looking back at 2010 and thinking about what we want in our lives in 2011, through daily prompts. Since I started nine days late, I'm not going to write about all of them, but I think I'll write now about one that sings to me.


December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?

I have a project that I'm embarking on in the new year, a project that I must keep under wraps because it's a project that I think could actually put my name on the map. It's about dating, and about having our loved ones help us find that special someone. It poses the question: is all of this seeking love by ourselves (online dating, love at first sight, pickups, etc) really working? Does it really serve us when it comes to finding long-term love? Maybe there's another way to do it, by combining certain ancient practices of couple-making with a modern-day sensibility. That's all I'll say.

I will be convening a meeting of certain loved ones next month, and then we'll go from there. Incidentally, I'm interested in talking to people who are in relationships where they met through the intervention of family or friends, especially arranged marriages or matchmade relationships. E-mail me if you or someone you know falls into this category!

Other than that, my actions include making time to meditate every day and making sure I get out and socialize at least a couple of times a week. My other action plan is to find a way to exercise that I don't absolutely abhor. I hate exercise classes! I'm thinking dance class, more strenuous hiking, and maybe an exercise machine at home. Another action I'm taking is to learn tarot, which I think can be a way for me to use my natural intuition and listening skills to connect with people. It's a lot of fun and a fascinating way to get to know people. I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

No comments: