- New colored pens!
- putting together a new outfit that totally works, man.
- getting off the phone with an author after having a really good, professional, confident conversation about publishing contracts.
- Seeing new roots growing on the plant cutting in my window.
- when my step-dog sees me and greets me running and jumping.And when we lie together in the sun and he puts his head on my arm.
- Getting invitations, even when I can't go.
- Having people write sweet/supportive/intelligent responses to my blog posts.
- Having friends who I can cry with as well as laugh with.
- Going into some hole-in-the -wall place and hearing a great, unknown, totally unexpected band.
- The sound of a powerful high-performance engine starting up. Total turn-on!
- The wind blowing through a eucalyptus grove.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Weird things that make me happy...how about you?